Monday, April 11, 2005

Melaka

Melaka



Jonker's Street, Melaka
My weekend in Melaka was fantastic. It was better than I thought it would be. I was basically on my own as hubby had to go to the track for the Sprinta Cup Prix (or something like that).
We arrived in Melaka just before noon on Saturday. We had to rush to Melaka Sentral, for a "meet the fans session" with the Cup Prix team. Oh my god you can really get lost in Melaka. Even with a map! Finally we made it there after almost 1 hour lost. We had lunch at an ikan bakar place and one of the guys dropped me off at Jonker's Street while hubby goes off to the track.
So I was on my own wondering and exploring. It was really exciting. Old buildings and interesting antique stores. Unfortunately it was a miserable day, the sky was hazy and gloomy so the pictures I took did not turn up as colourful as I hoped so I switched to black and white.
On Sunday I decided to leave earlier to town. I took the shuttle service from the hotel and made it out there at about 10.30am. I was luckier, Sunday was a beautiful sunny day. Although I had explored most of Jonker's Street on Saturday and was hoping to explore other places, I could not resist going back just to get better shots. I left my sun block in the car which hubby took to the track so am now very sunburnt. So I spent the whole morning on Jonker's Street again and got a couple more good shots due to the sunny morning and then took a break at this really cool cafe at about lunch time. After that I went to St. Paul's Hill and A Famosa. All of these places are within walking distance .. and yes folks... I walked the whole way. Am proud of that *pat pat on my back* hehe
Anyways, do click on the pix above to see other pictures that I took.

2 comments:

Dade Ghost said...

Congratulation.... nice pic. I never realise got some good women photographers.....

Lin said...

Thank kiu ..... I would definitely wanna go there again.. this time jalan jalan with hubby and minum at the cafe's