Thursday, November 27, 2008

Flying home

Flying home

Bored in my 7 hour flight home from tashkent I decided to blog. Mind
you I can only post this when I touch down klia.

So what does one do to kill time in a long haul flight? Well for me, I
look forward to the meals. I'm flying on Uzbek Airways and it is an
experience I won't forget. The stewardess is as old as my mother and
don't speak any English! Thankfully breakfast main course came only in
a choice between beef and chicken, which she brought both to allow me
to choose. On the menu was also salami, cheese, olives, their
traditional bread, smoked salmon, some sort of salad, a packet of
raisins & dried apricots. And this was for breakfast! Their coffee was
good too! Much better than the one I had on Malaysian airlines, which
now they serve presssed coffee. Their coffee used to be good, now it
just sucks, along with their food.

So when I was done eating, I decided to read the paper. They had a
copy of the previous day's Star paper.So I read it end to end to see
what I've missed being a week away from home.

Also to add, Uzbek air does not have individual screens to watch
movies or play games or anything like that. They have a central 12
inch screen that everyone shares. Just like in the 80s.

So now with 4 more hours to kill I think I will watch Sex in the City
Movie on my iPhone. I love this movie for some strange reason. I
thought it's a cool "Chicken Soup for the soul" kind of movie.

Ok til I arrive in klia..... Adiós.

DISCLAIMER : This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential information. You are hereby notified that the taking of any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official business of PETRONAS or its Group of Companies shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by PETRONAS or any of the companies within the Group.

No comments: