Sunday, March 07, 2010

A fantastic evening with a fantastic song writer

Certainly one of the best concerts I've ever been. His live performance was superb! Backed with a fantastic band and fantastic hall acoustics at the Planery Hall KL Convention Center, the concert was a blast, the audience was blown away.

Sarimah was the host for the evening and I did not know that she could be so funny. I real stand up comedian. The opening act was performed by Najwa, an upcoming jazz singer in Malaysia. 

Babyface or Kenny Edmunds started the evening "For the Cool in You". Somehow I knew he was going to start off with that song. He belted out a medley of his own hits, Boys 2 Men's hits, Bobby Brown's and a tribute to MJ with Gone too Soon. Somehow I thought he sang it better than the original singers themselves! He sang straight for 2 hours with no intermission. It was such a fun night! Though I was too heavy to dance in my seat, I swayed and rocked to the music enthusiastically haha! 

No comments: