Sunday, September 06, 2015

Home made strawberry jam

I had two punnets of strawberries in the fridge which I had forgotten about. So I decided to make strawberry jam. I've not made them before but heard that it's real easy, so I googled some recipes.

Some recipes called for pectin sugar, which I obviously don't have. So I found some non pectin recipes. Basically that would require lemon and normal sugar.

So here are the proportions I used:

2 punnets of strawberries
Juice from half a lemon
Half cup of sugar

Half the strawberries,  stir in the lemon juice and stir under low heat on the stove. Mash the strawberries with a potato masher as you go along. Once its bubbling,  add the sugar and stir until its all melted. And thats it.

I used an old jam jar that I had at home to store the jam. But first I rinsed the insides and the cover with boiling water to sterilise it.

It turned out quite yummy! Do try it!

No comments: