Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend in Penang


Teluk Tompoyak - Penang, originally uploaded by Selinz.

I just love Penang. It has a small town charm. Not too big, not too small. One might be put off by the jams there, and its wreckless drivers, but seriously KL is far worst!

It was only an overnight trip and I felt like I had a long break. We had lunch at a place called The Mansion. Apparently it used to be owned by sombody's grandmother, and somebody bought over it and turned it into a cool restaurant. When we were there, they were setting up for a wedding dinner. It was soo beautiful because the mansion is by the sea and the dining area set for the wedding had huge patio doors that overlooked the beach. There was also an area for a live band. Decked with ribbons and sweet decos, I wished I could get married all over again!

The food there was soooo sedap. In particular, they have their own blend of salad dressing, where we are able to purchase. It was sooo sedap. I bought some for my sis in law and she loved it!

We stayed at the Shangri La Golden Sands. Hubby was there for work, hence the choice of the extravagant hotel. Its got a very lovely beach and very friendly staff. I was really impressed! Tak puas lepak by the beach! I wanna go there again!

I also met some of my photography friends and had a short photo outing.

Also, went shopping at the Feringgi Night Market, where we can still get LOADS of DVDs and ermmm nice handbags.

We did in just over Saturday and Sunday!

Can't wait to go to Penang again!

No comments: