Monday, March 17, 2008

The weekend

Over the weekend we saw 2 beautiful sunny (but very hot) days. Great for photoshoots but I was stuck with chores and family obligations.

Saturday was my cousins Chinese reception. She married a German guy, got registered in Hong Kong in 2006, had her church wedding in Milan (yea happening huh) in 2007 and finally her Chinese reception in KL over the weekend. Congratulations LC!! I am sure you will be very happy and more so when you move to Switzerland to be with D. Bestnya!!

I had to shoot her wedding in the last minute, causing me to scramble charging up my camera batteries and running out for AA batteries for my speedlight. I could not find energizer ones so I had to settle with some Sony branded ones, and they did not even last one event! With Energizers, you can shoot 2 wedding events.

The wedding dinner was held at Overseas Garden Restaurant at Jalan Imbi. A very dodgy place to have a dinner reception, I must say, but my cousin claims that the food is good. And sure enough it was!! We were pleasantly surprised.

Sunday was spent doing chores at home. Morning we went to the market at TTDI to get groceries. Its such a thrill for me to go to the market on Sunday morning, I dunno why. Its so fulfilling .. hehe… Also very cheap (but I do understand that TTDI market is a bit more expensive, but I will not go trudging into Chow Kit or anything like that). With RM50, we got to buy stuff for 2 of us to eat for almost 2 weeks! However, this weekend we blew RM38 on a pengsan punye expensive olive oil for cooking. Nak healthy la katakana. Belasah la. Its cheaper than visits to the cardiologist I suppose.

I have a new plan in place. We decided that we have to cook more often as we are breaking our budget eating out so often. The plan was to cook all the meals for the week on Sunday. Today is about the 3rd week of our mission and so far it is working! Its not too hard to do after all! The things working ppl do to get buy tsk tsk….

Then of course there is the dreaded laundry to do. I swear I am cursed with so much laundry and I can die in my pile at home.

We did take a break to watch the first F1 race of the season. My goodness what an interesting race it was. With no traction control this season, the cars were flying all over the place with only 7 cars left towards the end of the race. We were overjoyed when our Company sponsored team came in second.

After the race we took my new baby for spin. ORGASMIC!! I will not elaborate on this :P

Have a good week ahead everyone.

Note: M trying to survive Monday. Its such a gorgeous day outside am I am stuck indoors!!! Arrrrrrggghhhh!

No comments: