Friday, June 06, 2008

Enrich Sucks

I am so amazed at how bad the service is at Enrich. I mean, it is a loyalty card service which, by rights should be providin exceptional service to its loyal customers. My recent, sour experience with them is making me think twice when choosing an airline to fly. MAS is definitely NOT top of my list.

For my coming trip to Zurich, I redeemed hubby's Enrich points for my flight tickets. So I dialled MAS's customer service number, and selected option 4 for Enrich's services. I was told that all their representatives are busy and will get back to me as soon as they can. I was "entertained" with their piped in music while put on hold. I was on hold for FREAKING 40 minutes! I had tried several times at various times of day with the same results. This time, I had no choice, I could not hang up. I had to make my booking!

Finally somebody picked up my call and helped me with my booking, which took another 40 minutes! Can you believe that! No wonder I was in queue for so long, if every customer takes that long to serve! Nevermind that, later I discovered that he stupidly messed up my booking. He booked me on a paying seat instead of an Enrich seat. I found out when I went to collect my ticket at the MAS office at KL Sentral. Needless to say I went mad and started expressing my disatisfaction LOUDLY! The lady behind the counter could not help me cos the Enrich seats on the flight that I was booked on was FULL! By this time I was fuming mad. She calmly told me that someone from Enrich will call me and sort it out. I said under my breathe "She better!"

Later that day, someone from Enrich did call me and to cut story short, she finally found me a seat which gets me into Zurich the day that I requested. Luckily this woman was apologetic and went out of her way to help me.

Otherwise, Enrich will see a very angry letter from us, plus discontinued use of Malaysia Airlines from us AND we will persuade all our colleagues from The Company to do the same.

Note: I also might want to add that on the several ocassions that I was on the phone with Enrich, I was greeted with staff on their FIRST day at work with Enrich and had no clue how to help me. One even mistook the airline code of Frankfurt for France! How scary is that!

Enrich... you guys better sort yourselves out. Or MAS will suffer a greater loss than they are already now, what with the Air Asia and MAS airline battle.

2 comments:

citykoos said...

wah, seriously? dats really bad service! did u get ur tix though? how much is extra charge u have to pay?

eggpork said...

Sounds very unlike the MAS staff I dealt with.Fortunately I've had no probs with MAS Enrich so far. Well I only had the 1 redemption in 2006 and I helped my boss with his recently. Both times no issue whatsoever. Looks like you lucked out, poor you!