Monday, May 25, 2009

To rediscover myself, that is the hard part

I've finally started my long leave. Much awaited, much anticipated, its finally here.

I've been so burnt out, I seriously have not been myself. I don't even know who I am anymore. I've lost who I am, what I want. I've forgotten what I used to be and what I wanted to be. I never knew working life could be this hard.

I was a go getter. I get what I want. I don't stop until I get it. There are no alternatives. I guess sometimes, when rezeki is not on our side, no matter how hard we kill ourselves, we will not get it. Well I did not get it. I did not get what I desire. What I wanted to be. And it killed me. 

I took the time off to think. Is it the end of the road for me, just because I did not get what I wanted? What I hoped my life would turn out? Can we actually plan our life to what we want it to be? 

I've been thrown a question:  What are my priorities? It is indeed a very good question. What ARE my priorities? The truth is, I don't know.

This is what my break is all about. Understanding, Identifying, what my priorities are.

So, good luck to me. I hope I find myself, find my priorities. 

2 comments:

citykoos said...

have a fun time dear! being alone with urself is sometimes the best medicine.

give us a holler if u need anything

make sure u come over for lunches k!!

love
dils

Lin said...

Hi Dils!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. M loving every minute of my day off. Have not felt this much of "freedom" in a long time.

Will definitely drop by for lunch!