Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Learn to cook


How FAIL can I be because I don't know how to cook Malay food. I can cook Chinese food no problem but Malay food is such a struggle. I have a my malay/ Chinese parentage, but I am more Chinese than Malay. Hence Malay dishes at home is not common. I only have Malay food at restaurants or cooked by someone else.

So, I am on a mission to start to learn to cook more Malay dishes… from scratch. Not from instant mixes. I found this very interesting website www.bayanindah.com. Their cooking classes are SO interesting. The menus are so vast, I can't decide which one to go for! I would love to go to as many as I can but the classes are a bit pricey.

Someone also told me quite some time ago that Chef Wan's cook  books are also very good and the recipes are accurate. I will try this too.

A friend advised for me to try ayam masak merah. If I ace this, I can do anything haha! I will try this too!

Wish me luck. I WILL post pictures when I am successful.

No comments: