Monday, September 03, 2012

Boosting milk supply

Needless to say you need a heck of a lot of milk to bf twins. And due to cost of feeding two babies with formula, I really want to bf my twins as much as I can!

When I was bf Ayden, my milk supply was just enough for him. I did try the fish and papaya soup which my mum made for me and yes it really worked! It's just that she did not get to make the soup so often because you need young papaya I.e ones that are still green. Markets usually sell those that are already yellow. So now I am in pursuit of finding a friend or neighbour with a papaya tree to ensure constant supply!

I found in Babycenter Malaysia the recipe and would like to share it with everybody.

So taken from Babycenter, here it is:

Ingredients
500 grams of fish bones (preferable to use threadfin - kurau - fish bones)
500 grams of green papaya (the flesh of the fruit is white)
Three litres of water
Four slices of ginger (this will help cut down any fishy taste or smell)
Six pips (cloves) of garlic
Three stalks of spring onion
Salt to taste
Directions
Boil the water, then add in the ginger, garlic and spring onion.
Cut the papaya into small slices. Discard seeds.
Pour boiling water over the green papaya to remove sap, then drain.
Combine the fish bones into the boiling pot, followed by the green papaya.
Turn down the fire, leave to boil for about half an hour to reduce.
This should yield about three rice bowls of soup.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: