Monday, January 07, 2013

I have popped... 3 months ago!

A very late announcement indeed. Yes I have given birth on 21 September 2012 to my twins. At 36 weeks I was literally begging my doctor to deliver. So deliver I did with a dramatic birth story that calls for another post just for it.

It's been a challenging 3 months. If you think one baby is hard, try two, or even three. I honestly don't know how triplet moms do it. Twins is hard enough. But the joy and fun also doubles. It's so great to cuddle two babies at a time. To see two gummy smiles in the wee hours of the morning. Ad best of all to watch them play and interact with each other.

Having twins really means you need extra pair of hands to help. Doing it on your own would require you to wear your red underwear on the outside of your pants. Possible but it is dead tiring. Especially when both babies cry t once. It is prime importance that a twin mummy remain calm and attend to each crying baby as calmly as possible. With practice one will get the hang of it. Don't get me wrong, I've got help. My maid is a wonder with the twins. She is ever so patient with them even though they've been demanding all day. Demanding I mean when Aaron has his tummy ache while Hannah just wants to be carried all day. It tires both of us out leaving other chores like preparing dinner almost impossible. But we take it one day at a time.

Now the twins are 3 months old and they are pretty much more independent. You can actually leave them on the play mat for half an hour and they can play on their own. Both are fascinated with their toy mobiles and smiles and giggle with joy at them. We pretty much sorted out Aaron's tummy ache, or at least know what to do so its under better control than the first two months.

So here are the photos from the birth and their first month.



The night before the c-section. More to tell in a separate post on my birth story.



First photo of me and the twins. As you can see I was completely knocked out!



The first few hours after birth



Our daughter Hannah came our first, therefore she is twin 1




Her brother Aaron followed just 2 minutes later.

It was such a joyous moment although I was really groggy all day from the sedative. But it was such a wonderful feeling receiving not one but two babies! They were really sleepy babies in their first few weeks so breastfeeding was easy to do. They were both exclusively on breastmilk the first 2.5 months but now on mixed formula as I could not keep up with their demand when I started work.

So more of my adventures as a twinnie mum and also to a toddler in his terrible two stage in my coming posts!

In the meantime belated Happy New Year!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: