Friday, January 02, 2015

Baking our own bread daily

I don't know how long my bread baking frenzy is going to last but it's been a week and we have not bought a loaf since. So far I've only been making wholemeal bread.

My first try I used the Waitrose bread flour. Last week I was at the market and bought bread flour and wholemeal flour each cost RM3 for 1kg. Dead cheap!  The Waitrose flour cost RM15 for 1.5kg. Which makes only 3 loafs of bread.

I've also been trying a recipe given by my colleague at work and boy is the recipe yummy!! Looks like I will be sticking to this one for some time.

So here's the recipe :

2 cups wholemeal flour
2.5 cups bread flour
1 and a quarter cup of milk
2 tbsp dry milk powder
Quarter cup of brown sugar
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter

Mix everything in a mixer with the dough hook until the dough is elastic. Leave to proof for 30min. Knead again and place in a bread tin and proof for another 45min.

Heat the oven at 180deg C and bake for 25 min.

Enjoy!!

No comments: