Thursday, July 16, 2015

Raya cookout!

Every year I will definitely try to cook something and bake something. This year I surprise myself by baking 2 types of cookies, making rendang tok, rendang ayam and kuah kacang!

And I don't have a maid!

*pat myself on back*

How do I do it? I spread it out.

I made rendang tok and choc chip cookies a week back. I split the 1.5kg rendang into several small containers and put them in the freezer.

I worked on the kuah kacang and chicken rendang today. This time I had help. My sister came to kupas bawang.

Last and not least I wouldn't have been able to do it without my dishwasher. No way I can muster the strength  (and fasting ) to cook AND wash. No maid remember!

So here are some photos. Unfortunately I did not manage to take photos of the rendang tok and biskut semperit that I made last week. Was too busy with the cooking and hands were too messy to snap a photo.

But do check out my spanking new Le Creuset pot! It really does make the food taste better (trying to justify my hefty purchase) (there was a 60% discount! )

No comments: