Thursday, March 06, 2008

My kitchen sink

My kitchen sink at the apartment I rented out is in shambles. Water had damaged the counter top, causing the cupboard to get wet and warp. So I have to change it.

Am I’m thinking, if I replace the countertop and cupboard with a new one, and the apartment is being rented out, the tenant is not going to take good care of it and its going to get all damaged again. The quotation I received to replace it is RM1500!

Another option is to replace it with the aluminium sink / table thing at Ikea. Ala… the one that looks like an aluminium table but with a sink moulded into it. According to my SIL, it cost several hundred RM je. Plus it looks quite funky, and of course, its more long lasting.

So the choice is pretty obvious. But now I have to look for a handyman who would remove the old, damaged sink and cupboard, replace with the Ikea one and do the piping.

Like I’ve elaborated in one of my previous posts…… who on earth do we call for a handyman?

2 comments:

citykoos said...

beb, same thing happened to our apt k! and S dah nak jual pulak tu, masa tu lah nak rosak! but interested to know where u get the quote... i think we really have to change if want to sell

Lin said...

nanti I give you his phone number. He did my kitchen cabinets at my house I duduk sekarang ni.