Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I made Chicken Fajitas for dinner!

Note: Picture not taken by me but from Google Images

Yesterday for dinner I made chicken Fajitas! I thought of doing something simple but different. I wanted to explore more varieties in my cooking so my poor hubby does not get bored with my usual non creative dishes.

So I set out to look for some ideas and the most obvious is the internet. I thought I try chicken Fajitas. After much googling and researching for the simplest recipe, I made some modifications and came up with my very own simple recipe:

Chicken breast (marinated in salt, pepper and Lee and Perrin sauce)
Red and yellow bell peppers (sliced)
One large onion (sliced)

Pan fry the chicken breast whole. Then remove it from the pan and slice it thinly. On the same pan sauté the onions and bell peppers. I would sauté the onions until they are slightly caramelized and soft. Then add the sliced chicken breast. Add salt, pepper, a little sugar and herbs to taste.

That's it! Of course it goes great with warm burritos, sour cream, some grated cheddar and guacamole if any.

No comments: