Sunday, April 03, 2011

The newest talk of town....

I honestly don’t know what the big fuss is all about, but it seems to be the next big thing after cupcakes! MACAROONS!

I saw so many posts on it on facebook. Everyone seem to know someone who would bring them back from London or Europe. Apparently you can get them here too!

So me being me… not wanting to miss out on the craze, decided to ask on facebook, where can I get them here in Malaysia.

And facebook being facebook, I was provide with a few suggestions on where  I could get them. I was SO excited! FINALLY I get to taste what the fuss was all about.

One of the places suggested was the WHISK at Empire Mall, Subang. I thought, great! Very close to where I work. So off I went over Friday lunch, cos we have a long lunch break on Fridays, and went to WHISK to get the-much-talked-about macaroons. They were as pretty as the ones I’ve seen in pictures. So colourful! There were pink, blue (yes blue!), yellow (this one looked a bit electric I thought), red, white and brown. Like how do I decide which one I want??! In the end I picked five. White, pink, blue, beige and a red velvet one. The white was vanilla, the pink was strawberries and cream, the beige I think was mocca something and the red velvet was…. Red velvet. They were the mini sized ones and I thought the portion was just right. Not too big, not too small. At RM2 each, not too bad!

I hurried back to the office and placed the little white paper bag that the nice lady at the shop placed the macaroons in on my table. Quickly I whipped out my iphone and started taking pictures of the bag… and then of course the macaroons in it.



And then… the defying moment. My first bite. I chose the white one. Vanilla. Slowly I bit through it. OOOOOHHHHHH! It was everything I was told it should be!! Crunchy on the outside. Soft and smooth on the inside. It was not too sweet, just nice! Slowly I savored the taste taking small bites at a time. They were indeed very very yummy.

So that was my first macaroon experience.






1 comment:

Mariuca said...

Hi sweetie! I've tasted them too but they were too sweet for my liking... sekali rasa cukup la! :)